Hanuman Chalisa Lyrics In English With Meaning I GULSHAN KUMAR I HARIHARAN
Hanuman Chalisa Lyrics
Shri Guru Charan Sarooja-raj Nija manu Mukura SudhaariBaranau Rahubhara Bimala Yasha Jo Dayaka Phala ChariBudhee-Heen Thanu Jannikay Sumirow Pavana KumaraBala-Budhee Vidya Dehoo Mohee Harahu Kalesha Vikaara
1.Jai Hanuman gyan gun sagar||Jai Kapis tihun lok ujagar||
2.Ram doot atulit bal dhama|Anjaani-putra Pavan sut nama||
3.Mahabir Bikram Bajrangi|Kumati nivar sumati Ke sangi||
4.Kanchan varan viraj subesa|Kanan Kundal Kunchit Kesha||
5.Hath Vajra Aur Dhuvaje Viraje|Kaandhe moonj janehu sajai||
6.Sankar suvan kesri Nandan|Tej prataap maha jag vandan||
7.Vidyavaan guni ati chatur|Ram kaj karibe ko aatur||
8.Prabu charitra sunibe-ko rasiya|Ram Lakhan Sita man Basiya||
9.Sukshma roop dhari Siyahi dikhava|Vikat roop dhari lank jarava||
10.Bhima roop dhari asur sanghare|Ramachandra ke kaj sanvare||
11.Laye Sanjivan Lakhan Jiyaye|Shri Raghuvir Harashi ur laye||
12.Raghupati Kinhi bahut badai|Tum mam priye Bharat-hi-sam bhai||
13.Sahas badan tumharo jash gaave|Asa-kahi Shripati kanth lagaave||
14.Sankadhik Brahmaadi Muneesa|Narad-Sarad sahit Aheesa||
15.Jam Kuber Digpaal Jahan te|Kavi kovid kahi sake kahan te||
16.Tum upkar Sugreevahin keenha|Ram milaye rajpad deenha||
17.Tumharo mantra Vibheeshan maana|Lankeshwar Bhaye Sub jag jana||
18.Jug sahastra jojan par Bhanu|Leelyo tahi madhur phal janu||
19.Prabhu mudrika meli mukh mahee|Jaladhi langhi gaye achraj nahee||
20.Durgaam kaj jagath ke jete|Sugam anugraha tumhre tete||
21.Ram dwaare tum rakhvare|Hoat na agya binu paisare||
22.Sub sukh lahae tumhari sar na|Tum rakshak kahu ko dar naa||
23.Aapan tej samharo aapai|Teenhon lok hank te kanpai||
24.Bhoot pisaach Nikat nahin aavai|Mahavir jab naam sunavae||
25.Nase rog harae sab peera|Japat nirantar Hanumant beera||
26.Sankat se Hanuman chudavae|Man Karam Vachan dyan jo lavai||
27.Sab par Ram tapasvee raja|Tin ke kaj sakal Tum saja||
28.Aur manorath jo koi lavai|Sohi amit jeevan phal pavai||
29.Charon Yug partap tumhara|Hai persidh jagat ujiyara||
30.Sadhu Sant ke tum Rakhware|Asur nikandan Ram dulhare||
31.Ashta-sidhi nav nidhi ke dhata|As-var deen Janki mata||
32.Ram rasayan tumhare pasa|Sada raho Raghupati ke dasa||
33.Tumhare bhajan Ram ko pavai|Janam-janam ke dukh bisraavai||
34.Anth-kaal Raghuvir pur jayee|Jahan janam Hari-Bakht Kahayee||
35.Aur Devta Chit na dharehi|Hanumanth se hi sarve sukh karehi||
36.Sankat kate-mite sab peera|Jo sumirai Hanumat Balbeera||
37.Jai Jai Jai Hanuman Gosahin|Kripa Karahu Gurudev ki nyahin||
38.Jo sat bar path kare kohi|Chutehi bandhi maha sukh hohi||
39.Jo yah padhe Hanuman Chalisa|Hoye siddhi sakhi Gaureesa||
40.Tulsidas sada hari chera|Keejai Nath Hridaye mein dera||
Pavan Tanay Sankat Harana|Mangala Murati Roop||
Ram Lakhan Sita Sahita|Hriday Basahu Soor Bhoop||
Hanuman Chalisa Lyrics English Meaning,
Having polished the mirror of my heartwith the dust of my Guru’s lotus feet,I sing the pure fame of the best of the Raghus,which bestows the four fruits of life.Knowing this body to be devoid of intelligence,I recall the Son of the Wind.Grant me strength, wit, and wisdom,and remove my sorrows and shortcomings.
1. Victory to Hanuman, the ocean of wisdom and virtue,Hail Monkey Lord, the illuminator of the three worlds.
2. Ram’s emissary, the abode of matchless power,Anjani’s son, named “Son of the Wind.”
3. Great hero, mighty as a thunderbolt,remover of evil thoughts and companion to the good.
4. Golden-hued and splendidly adorned,with heavy earrings and curly locks.
5. In your hand’s shine mace and banner,a sacred thread of munja grass adorns your shoulder.
6. You are Shiva’s son and Kesari’s joy,your glory is revered throughout the world.
7. Supremely wise, virtuous, and clever,you are ever intent on Ram’s work.
8. You delight in hearing of the Lord’s deeds,Ram, Lakshman, and Sita dwell in your heart.
9. Assuming tiny form you appeared to Sita,and in awesome guise, you burned Lanka.
10. Taking dreadful form you slaughtered demonsand completed Lord Ram’s mission.
11. Bringing the magic herb, you revived Lakshman,and Ram embraced you with delight.12. Greatly did the Raghu Lord praise you –“Brother, you’re as dear to me as Bharat!”
13. “May the thousand-mouthed serpent sing your fame!”So saying, Shri’s Lord drew you to Himself.
14. Sanak and the sages, Brahma, gods, and great saints,Narada, Sarasvati, and the king of serpents,
15. Yama, Kubera, and the guardians of the quadrants,poets, and scholars – none can express your glory.
16. You rendered great service to Sugriva,presenting him to Ram, you gave him kingship.
17. Vibhishana heeded your counseland became Lord of Lanka, as all the world knows.
18. Though the sun is thousands of miles away,you swallowed it, thinking it a sweet fruit.
19. Holding the Lord’s ring in your mouthit’s no surprise you leaped the ocean.
20. Every arduous task in this worldbecomes easy by your grace.
21. You are the guardian of Ram’s door,none enters without your leave.
22. Taking refuge in you one finds all delight,those you protect know no fear.
23. You alone can withstand your own splendour,the three worlds tremble at your roar.
24. Ghosts and goblins cannot come near,Great Hero, when your name is uttered.
25. All disease and pain are eradicated,brave Hanuman, by constant repetition of your name.
26. Hanuman releases from afflictionthose who remember him in thought, word, and deed.
27. Ram the renunciant reigns over all –you carry out his every task.
28. One who brings any yearning to youobtains the fruit of abundant life.
29. Your splendour fills the four ages,Your glory is famed throughout the world.
30. You are the guardian of saints and sages,the destroyer of demons, the darling of Ram
31. You grant the eight powers and nine treasuresby the boon you received from Mother Janaki.
32. You hold the elixir of Ram’s nameand remain eternally His servant.
33. Singing your praise, one finds Ramand escapes the sorrows of countless lives.
34. At death, one goes to Ram’s own cityor is born on earth as God’s devotee.
35. Give no thought to any other deity –worshipping Hanuman, one gains all delight.
36. All affliction ceases, all pain is removed,by remembering the mighty hero, Hanuman.
37. Victory, victory, victory to Lord Hanuman!Be merciful even as is the Divine Master.
38. Whoever recites this a hundred timesis released from bondage and gains bliss.
39. One who reads this Hanuman Chalisagains success – Gauri’s Lord bears witness.
40. Says Tulsidas, Hari’s constant servant,“Lord, make your encampment in my heart.”
Son of the Wind,Banisher of sorrow and embodiment of blessing,Dwell in my heart,King of Gods, together with Ram, Lakshman, and Sita.